Trainer: Jeremy Del Rio, Co-Founder and Executive Director, 20/20 Vision for Schools
Nationally, the average graduate from a low-income school district reads at an eight grade level. Yet fewer than 50% of students actually graduate from those districts. Should we reasonably expect them to be transformed by the written word of God if they are ill-prepared to read and understand that Word? This educational inequity has been called our nation’s greatest injustice and the civil rights issue of our day. Is there room for urban youth ministries to begin leading on this issue?
Explore how churches, parachurches, and youth ministries are transforming public education within a single generation of students by activating congregations, adopting schools, and becoming answers to prayer. No longer limited to school prayer and Bible Clubs, redefine how your youth ministry engages public schools and empowers students to become who God has called them to be.
- Download PowerPoint
- 2020 Vision for Schools – Home Page
- 20/20 Vision Case Studies, a growing collection of multimedia reports from the field showing what 20/20 looks like in different contexts in New York.
- Learn more about 20/20′s mission in New York, what we do to support that mission, and our vision for a world where all children can access a quality education.
- “An Urgent Appeal to Engage a Generation At-Risk: Report and Action Plan,” prepared by 20/20 Vision for Schools for the New York City Leadership Center (Fall 2008)
- “Leading Education Reform Where You Are: One Church’s Story,” originally published by Willow Creek Association in the conference Notebook for the 2011 Global Leadership Summit. (article .pdf.)
- “20/20 Vision for Schools: Transforming Public Education within a Single Generation of Students” workshop video, PowerPoint slides, and more
- “Why Public Schools Matter to God (and Should Matter to You Too)”
- “Ten Ways Your Church Can Be Good News to Public Schools,” by Adam McLane (Youth Specialties)
- Complete Index of 20/20 Resources