- This event has passed.
ManHood Camp LA 2018
August 3 @ 1:00 pm - August 4 @ 4:30 pm
SPECIAL GUESTS / ANTHONY D. MAYS
Youth workers, we invite you and your young men to take the ManHood challenge and join this Rites-Of-Passage journey.
ManHood Camp is an event designed for youth workers to bring their high school & middle school guys to gain practical wisdom, inspiration, and tools for becoming the men God created them to BE. Learn from dynamic speakers who will keep it real and share valuable insights that they wish someone would have taught them when they were in high school.
Every man needs skills! Skillshops are designed to give you a hands-on lesson for things every guy should know how to do. Check out the various Skillshops and get skilled!
– Fit Challenge: Do The Work
– Dapper Gentleman
– The Buck Stops Here
– Handy Man
– Autoshop 101
– How to Treat a Woman
– How to Be the Dad I Never Had
– Friends: How Many of Us Have Them?
– Why You Trippin?
– Lust & Porn: When Sex Becomes Unsexy
– Hang Time With Jesus
– The Path to Recovery and Hope
– Competition and Character
– Developing Discipline
– The Financial Facts of Life
– Gasoline or Water
– God’s Plan & Your Part: A Vision for Your Future and Success
– Guys Ministry: Restoring Manhood and Breaking the Fatherless Cycle (Youth Worker workshop)
Schedule (Tentative – subject to change):
1:00pm – 5:00pm – Registration & Camp Set-Up
3:00pm – 4:00pm – Skillshops
4:15pm – 5:15pm – Skillshops
5:30pm – 6:30pm – Dinner (provided)
6:45pm – 8:15pm – General Session #1
8:30pm – 10:30pm – Late Night Recreation
10:30pm – 11:30pm – Showers
6:00am – 7:00am – Showers
7:30am – 8:30am – Breakfast (provided)
9:00am – 10:30am – General Session #2
10:45am – 11:45am – Workshops
11:45am – 12:45pm – Lunch (provided)
1:00pm – 2:00pm – Workshops
2:15pm – 3:45pm – General Session #3
What is Manhood Camp? Young men will be challenged to overcome the pain of their father-wound and to dare to allow God to re-write their future. We envision young men learning the core competencies for becoming leaders worth following, men of integrity, discipline, and purity and one day…loving & faithful husbands and dads!
Who’s Invited? Urban Young Men (High School & Middle School) along with male youth workers, mentors and dads. Please be aware that ManHood Camp will involve some mature conversations about topics that young men face growing up. It is best suited for high school students and mature middle schoolers. We rely on the youth leaders to evaluate the maturity of the students.
- Bring tents, sleeping bags and flashlights to camp out.
- Bathrooms & Showers will be available.
Meals: All meals are included.
Location and Directions / Where to Park
- Biola University: 13800 Biola Ave, La Mirada, CA 90639 Map
- Park in Lot A upon arrival and go to Sutherland Hall to check-in. Then move your vehicle to Lot C to set up camp.
- Campus Map for Manhood Camp 2018
Mandatory Waiver Form: Every attendee (youth and adult) must have a signed Liability Release form. Students’ forms must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Please download and fill these out in advance, and save time by completing info-cards advance.
Liability Form and Info Cards
Adult Leaders: All youth must be accompanied by a male adult leader. We recommend bringing at least one adult leader for every 5-8 youth.
What to Bring for Camping: Tents, Sleeping Bags, Flashlights. Shorts, T-shirts, Swimsuit, sweatshirt, Bible, notebook & pen, towel, toothbrush and snacks. Camp on the lawn with your group! Bathrooms and Showers will be available.
Don’t have a tent? Ask around your church. Also, some sporting goods stores rent them, including REI.
Cancellations & Transfers
- There is no refund for cancellations after Tuesday prior to the event. You may change the attendees within your group, or add more attendees at the door.