EPISODE 1: Misguided Preacher
– Pastor claims to be divine, has “666” tattooed on his arm. (story)
- “The prophets, they spoke about me. It took me time to learn that, but I am what they were expecting, what they have been expecting for 2,000 years,” de Jesus says.
– Teen sport killings of homeless.
– I jacked up the line “This isn’t a game! In the real world, when you kill people they die – for real!” (from the movie Anti-trust)
– Jennifer Love Hewitt wants to be a dork
- “Imagine Person X becomes a Christian. Maybe she read something or had friends who inspired her to learn more, or maybe she had an addiction and through a recovery movement she surrendered her life to God. However it came to be, she became a follower of Jesus. Let’s say she starts living out Jesus’ teachings, actually taking him seriously that she can become a compelling force for good in the world. She is becoming more generous, more compassionate, more forgiving, more loving. Is she becoming a better or worse neighbor? If we are her neighbors, we’re thrilled about her new faith. We find ourselves more and more grateful for a neighbor like this. We wish more people would be like this.
Let’s make some observations about this street. The good news of Jesus is good news for Person X. It’s good news for Person X’s neighbors. It’s good news for the whole street. It’s good news for people who don’t believe in Jesus. We have to be really clear about this. The good news for Person X is good news for the whole street. And if it is good news for the whole street, then it’s good news for the whole world.
If the gospel isn’t good news for everybody, then it isn’t good news for anybody.”
– sheep and goats in the church Should goats be allowed to stay in the church?
“John & Ben” Intro and extro music is “Rocket” by Dan Eash of the group Modus Tolens.