May 20 – 21, 2011
13800 Biola Ave
La Mirada, CA 90639
General Session will be in Sutherland Hall Auditorium – campus map
Parking Note: Park in Lot A off Biola Avenue.
Larry Acosta – Urban Youth Workers Institute
Hank Fortener – Mosaic LA
Trammel Orr – Relevant Life Church
• How To Build A Healthy & Thriving Youth Ministry: Matt Marino, Episcopal Diocese of Arizona
This learnshop will focus on team building and will also cover the following:
• How your youth group today may be killing the church of the future.” • My youth group is small. What do I do?
• Being friends with un churched kids in their world.
• You’re Next: Accessing Federal Funds: John Lewis, Urban Strategies
Each year federal agencies provide billions of dollars in grant funding to impact communities in need. Many organizations are NOT accessing these available resources to serve the community. YOU’RE NEXT is a learnshop where you will learn the skills, develop the relationships, and gain the confidence to begin the process of writing a competitive proposal for federal funding.
• Gospel Sex Talk: Aaron Dailey, Pure Path Phoenix
This session will cover how to proclaim the Gospel in a sex saturated culture. The power of the Gospel can save our youth from sexual impurity. Find out how the Gospel speaks to those who have been sexually abused and how the church can minister to them, among other related topics.
• Stress in the City: Irene Cho, Brad Griffin, Kara Powell and Jude Tiersma Watson, Fuller Youth Institute
Feeling overwhelmed by the chaos and trauma that seems to be all around you in the city? Come learn strategies for surviving the “environmental press” of the urban setting and becoming more attuned to the ways it impacts our lives in order to prevent being crushed by it. You’ll discover new things you can try every day, week, and month to find rest and balance in the midst of juggling your life and ministry.
• Future Profits: Financial Literacy: John Liotti and Jenni Ingram, Northern California Urban Development
Welcome to the next level in financial literacy training, designed to reach the emerging generation of youth in today’s media-driven economy. The FutureProfits curriculum blends essential life skills along with traditional financial literacy subjects, such as budgeting and banking, and also gives an in-depth look at topics including:
•Understanding predatory lending schemes •How money circulates in urban communities
•Race, class, and power structures in our society •How goal setting and decisions affect your future
•The benefits of delayed vs. instant gratification
• Impacting your school campus for Christ: Pete Contreras, Jessica Lopez & Jeremy Cross, New Vision Christian Fellowship
Is an interactive discussion for you and your student leaders regarding campus ministry, from beginners to veterans. We will be discussing how you might have a better impact on your school campuses from bible studies to mentorship and anything in between. We want to equip, inspire and encourage you in the work God has called you to. Some area of discussion will be on how to adopt a school, how to work with administrators, how to navigate your way through school systems, how to plan and finish strong with the work you are doing.
• Bruises on the Soul: Healing for the Abused, Hopeless and Helpless: Herberto Romero, Project Tools
• When the Men are MIA (Missing in Action): Peter Watts, The R.O.C.K. Church
• “Sex On / Sex Off”: The Why and How of Purity: Marcos & Susie Gamez, World Impact Los Angeles
• All in the Family: Tommy Nixon, Solidarity
• Leading Beyond Fumes: Re-Fueling Your Soul and Re-Writing Your Future: Larry Acosta, Urban Youth Workers Institute
• Teen Leadership Track: Moving students from Salvation to Lordship (2 Part): Pete Contreras, New Vision Christian Fellowship
Ministry Site Visits & Team Building Experiences
These ministry site visits are a great opportunity to bring your whole team and learn about ministry models that are working in local communities. Site visits take place Friday morning 10-12 before RELOAD begins. You are responsible for your own transportation to the site, and then you’ll join us at BIOLA University in the afternoon for RELOAD. Register and select your site early: Space is limited.
• The Rock Ebenezer (Sports Model & Boxing Program) – Carson, CA
• The Dream Center (CCDA Model) – Los Angeles, CA
• Kid Works Center (After School & CCD Model) – Santa Ana, CA
• Solidarity (Economic Development Model) – Fullerton, CA
Soul Care Retreat
A time and space for renewal through silence, meditation, prayer, journaling and spiritual direction.
Led by Archie Honrado
10:00am-12:00pm Team Site Visits
1:00-2:00pm Registrations Opens
2:00-5:00pm LearnShops Discussions
3:00-5:00pm Soul Care Retreat
5:00-7:00pm Dinner break (on your own)
7:30-9:00pm General Session #1
9:00-11:00pm Late Night Options (StreetLights/Humble Beast Records Block Party, Artisan Lounge, Coffee bar and more…)
8:00-9:00am Registration, Breakfast & Networking
8:00-8:30am Prayer & Acoustic Worship
9:00-10:30am General Session #2
10:45-12:15pm Elective Workshops
1:30-3:00pm Elective Workshops
3:15-4:45pm General Session #3
4:45pm RELOAD Ends