Webcast of Reload 1.2.3.
June 12th, from 9:30am – 3:30pm (Eastern Time)
1 Conference. 2 States. 3 Locations
The first ever multi-site, multi-state Reload training event makes cutting-edge youth ministry training resources more accessible to youth workers closer to where they minister. Experience history with us as Reload 1.2.3 innovates a next-generation training delivery system. Enjoy live worship and workshops at each venue, and interactive general sessions and featured workshops simulcast from the Bronx.
Reload 1.2.3 will also be available in limited release for real-time online viewing; email if interested.
“Plus-1” Program: Show Not Tell
New for Reload 1.2.3: Experience what empowered student leadership looks like. All Reload 1.2.3 trainers will feature a protege in the training experience. Youth workers: bring your top student leaders. Share the experience together.
We welcome you to register at the door for New Jersey or the Bronx.
Manhattan is sold out.
• April Early-Bird Rate: $20 // DEADLINE: April 30
• Pre-register Online: $25 // DEADLINE: June 8
• On-site Registration: $30 // ONLY AVAILABLE IN BRONX AND NJ
General Session Speakers (plus friends)
Larry Acosta – Urban Youth Workers Institute // Joseph Cortese – Crossroads Tabernacle
Jeremy Del Rio – 20/20 Vision for Schools // Efrain Alicea – The Elements Church
Interactive, featured workshops will be live at the Bronx venue and simulcast to the Manhattan and New Jersey venues.
• “Student-Led Student Ministry: Pipe Dream or Possible?”
It’s trendy for youth ministers to say, “Youth ministry is not about ministering to youth, but about empowering youth to minister,” but what does youth-led youth ministry actually look like? Experience youth ministry by young people as NYC students discuss recent student-led ministry models including God Belongs in My City, Kickin’ It Old Skool, Generation Xcel, and World Vision’s Youth Empowerment Project.
• Youth Ministry Beyond the Walls: Overcoming Injustices and Rebuilding Communities”
“I the Lord love justice” (Isaiah 61:8). How then can youth ministries lead the struggle to overcome injustices such as poverty, crime, institutionalization, and educational inequity that conspire everyday against urban youth and erode urban communities? What role can youth ministries play in restoring the shalom of our cities by advocating for and manifesting Biblical justice in the communities beyond our church walls?
UPDATE (5/17/10): The RELOAD 1.2.3 Speaker List by venue is now available here.
Each of the following workshops will be taught live at all three venues. Click here to view core RELOAD workshop descriptions
-  Reaching High-Risk Youth
-  The First Two Years of Urban Youth Ministry (2-Part)
-  Don’t Waste Your Creativity: Writing Inspiring Lessons that Challenge the Heart
-  Prophetic Youth Ministry: A Holistic Model for the Urban Context
-  Stress in the City: Beating Burnout in Urban Ministry
-  Youth Ministry = Team Ministry: Keys to Building Local Youth Events and Regional Coalitions
-  Moving From Youth Ministry to Community Transformation (2-Part)
-  Youth-Adult Partnerships: Mobilizing Your Youth as Agents of Change (2-Part)
-  Mission Critical: Reaching a Generation One School at a Time (LIVE AT ALL 3 VENUES!)
Adults promise children that if they stay in school they will be equipped to succeed in life, but we have failed to make good on that promise for generations — with high school graduation rates in some cities hovering at or below 30%. Come explore how urban youth ministries are transforming public education within a single generation of students by activating congregations, adopting schools, and becoming answers to prayer.
8:30am Registration, Breakfast & Networking
9:15-10:45am General Session 1 – “Homegrown: The Leader”
11:00-12:15pm Elective Workshops 1
1:05-2:20pm Elective Workshops 2
2:30-4:00pm General Session 2 – “Handoff: The Legacy”
4:00pm RELOAD 1.2.3 Ends
Help Promote Reload 1.2.3
UPDATE (5/10/10): Top Ten Ways You Can Help Promote RELOAD 1.2.3
• NYACK College
• American Bible Society
• YouthWorks Foundation
• The Coalition of Urban Youth Workers
• 20/20 Vision for Schools
• Urban Kingdom Youth Ministries
• World Vision
• Here’s Life Inner City
• DeVos Urban Leadership Initiative
View RELOAD 1.2.3 locations in a larger map.