“Ask me and I will tell you some remarkable secrets about what is going to happen.” Jeremiah 33:3 NLT+
If you’re like me, every year you start off with a list of goals you’re going planning on accomplishing and every year you look back and realize that those goals were never accomplished. What if this year you looked at your goals as God’s list of demands? I believe there are four steps we can take in accomplishing the goals that God has for us.
1. You have to ask! Are you asking God to do the impossible things? When we ask for the impossible great things begin to happen.
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. “ They are plans for good and not for disaster to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
2. Are you an open leader or a resistant one? Are you open to God walking into your life and maybe interrupting your plans for His?
3. Plan for short term and long term wins.
“Goals… are dreams with deadlines.” Brian Tracy
4. Who will miss out if you fail to achieve your goals?
- Knowing who will miss out if you don’t achieve your goals is the best way of knowing if God has truly called you to it.
- I believe that dreams and goals may start with us but they should always end up helping others.
I believe if you look at your list of goals and dreams as a mandate from God, you will at the end of the year fulfill what God has called you to do.