This is Part 2 in a series by Maina Mwaura. Read Part 1 here.
“One of the greatest moments in anybody’s developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
In looking at the discipline of Reflection there are five steps that one must look at within themselves if they truly want to take and respect the gift that God has given to us:
1. All worthy Reflection must begin with God at the center. Reflect on what God has done for you this past year. Write out a list or journal your thoughts on God’s power.
2. Move out the noise and clutter around you. Find a place that will allow you to not be disturbed or distracted.
3. Take Note of what God is saying. Listen, and even write it down to help you reflect on it.
4. Do not be afraid. Do not be afraid of what God is saying or asking you to do.
5. Rejoice. Thank God for speaking to you during this time.
Philippians 4:8, “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
Read Part 3 here